Senior PHP Developer
At Little Giant linked by Isobar, we transform brands by creating world class experiences. We do this by combining strong strategic and creative thinking with expert data analysis and a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies.
Our customer-centric approach has made us New Zealand’s fastest-growing agency and Campaign’s 2017 NZ Digital Agency of the Year. Many of New Zealand's most prestigious clients entrust the Little Giant team with their business including Les Mills, Fonterra, Air New Zealand, ASB and Spark, to name just a few.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced developer who has ambitions to progress to a leadership role within an innovative technology company. Motivated by work that is ground-breaking in its thinking and execution, you will build technology solutions that enable our elite clients to succeed.
You will work alongside the CTO to ensure the quality and impact of technology within the agency. You will be a trusted partner for clients helping architect and design products to solve their business solutions. You will lead an internal cross-disciplinary team from a technology perspective to ensure the quality of relationship and work product.
- Lead the design and architecture of solutions for application and platform builds, utilise new technologies to find creative solutions to client problems. Communicate directly with clients if required.
- Lead a team of developers to build and test applications and platforms with thorough, modern design patterns and ideas
- Design development workflow and configuration using successful, proven strategies
- Ensure quality of code from within your team, monitor and code review outputs regularly
- Upskill and mentor technology department members within your team
- Work alongside the Client Lead, Delivery Manager and any third party tech teams to execute projects in line with client expectations
- Work with the CTO to refine Little Giant’s internal processes and systems to improve quality of output and overall company efficiency.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant industry experience
- Proven experience architecting and delivering complex digital solutions
- Excellent knowledge of PHP based frameworks and CMS solutions (SilverStripe, Laravel, Symfony).
- Experience managing the full SDLC - we use JIRA extensively
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong and collaborative relationships with all stakeholders and staff
- Embodies and reflects the Little Giant culture; collaborative, curious, humble, entrepreneurial and thrives in a meritocratic culture
- Get paid what you are worth.
We offer rewarding annual salary packages typically above market rates.
- Do the best work of your career
We are one of New Zealand's most influential and successful digital agencies, with strong year on year growth, industry-leading clients and a multitude of awards. At Little Giant, you will do the best work of your career alongside the best people you will ever work with.
- Join a company that genuinely cares
Whether it’s the free food and coffee, in-house massages, extended annual and maternity leave, flexible work hours or the numerous wellness initiatives. Our number one priority is always our people.
- Open up global opportunities
Little Giant is owned by Dentsu Aegis and is part of the Isobar network. Isobar has 85 offices globally in some of the world's leading cities. Working for Little Giant means international opportunities and progression.
- Work in an industry leading culture We have carefully built a team of empathetic and caring individuals who genuinely enjoy spending time together inside and outside the office. This is reflected in our fun and social company culture which anyone who works here will tell you is second to none.
- Work in a beautiful, creative & spacious office. Our offices are located in Auckland CBD. We have a large character space with natural light, playful furnishings & state of the art workstations.