At Little Giant linked by Isobar, we transform brands by creating world class experiences. We do this by combining strong strategic and creative thinking with expert data analysis and a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies.
Our customer-centric approach has made us New Zealand’s fastest-growing agency (45 people and counting) and Campaign’s 2017 NZ Digital Agency of the Year. Many of New Zealand's most prestigious clients entrust the Little Giant team with their business including Les Mills, Fonterra, Air New Zealand, ASB and Spark, to name just a few.
As part of the global Isobar network, Little Giant has access to the best modern marketing IP, capabilities and processes in the world, opening up opportunities to do truly world-changing work. Make the move to an innovative company with an industry leading culture that truly values its people. It'll be a move enriched with learning, achievement, opportunity and good times.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As Strategy Director, you will be ultimately responsible for the quality and impact of the strategic thinking within the agency. You will be a trusted partner for clients as well as internal cross-disciplinary teams to ensure quality of relationship and work product. In addition, you will be responsible for the continued growth, evolution and development of the Strategy department at Little Giant, ensuring that the role and deliverables are woven into the agency's offering and that you develop people, processes, initiatives and culture to help achieve organisational growth.
We need a Strategy Director to take our client’s business problems by the scruff of the neck and help them solve them through creative customer-led solutions. With at least seven years of experience in a strategic role, you’ll be confident leading engagements with senior clients right up to CEO level utilising your wide breadth of knowledge about the modern marketing landscape.
You’ll need to be proficient working across a wide range of consultant-style engagements. This includes leading the development of marketing, communications, brand, digital and social strategies as well as preparing inspiring creative briefs for our award-winning creative team. If you’re only interested in working within a single specialism, this probably isn’t for you. We need someone willing to get their hands dirty and wear a multitude of different hats across the breadth of briefs we receive.
You'll need to have the vision, passion and empathy to lead our great team of strategists, mentor them and selflessly develop them into world-changing strategic superstars. While you will be on the tools in this role, your leadership responsibilities will always come first and you'll relish working with and nurturing great talent.
There’ll be a load of different elements to the role and no two days will be the same. Generally speaking you can expect to be doing some of the following though:
- Lead all strategic operations company wide building a team capable of identifying marketing problems, performing research and analysing trends/results to determine strategic implications
- Work collaboratively across disciplines and within your own team to develop creative briefs that captivate clients and inspire creative teams to come up with idea development and implementation.
- Build an effective network of senior level executives across brands and organisations in order to help develop Little Giant’s reputation and standing within the industry for the purposes of business development and recruitment.
- Assist the Client Services department with sales initiatives. Attend initial client meetings, help prepare and present pitches, help grow the company's sales pipeline to meet company objectives.
- Manage the individuals within the Strategy department. Provide direction, training, inspiration, motivation and advice in order to upskill and improve the entire department. Nurture key talent and assist with retention.
- Work with HR to attract, interview, onboard and review all talent within the Strategy department.
- Work with the CEO, MD and other Craft Leads to refine Little Giant’s internal processes and systems to improve quality of output and overall company efficiency.
- Work with the CEO, MD and Craft Leads to continually evolve, communicate and implement the organization's vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Assist the CEO and MD in planning for future organisational growth by offering informed insight into required department budgets and appropriate KPI’s and objectives.
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for growth, new industry developments and standards.
- Proven track record in leading and inspiring a team.
- Ability to secure client trust through articulate presentation smart strategic concepts.
- Bring with you a strong network of senior executives.
- Self motivated, collaborative and empathetic.
- Great decision making ability.
- A belief in and passion for the power of great brands, creativity and technology.
- A good human being.
- Get paid what you are worth. We offer rewarding annual salary packages typically above market rates.
- As part of the Isobar Network we have 85 offices globally in some of the world's leading cities. Working for Little Giant means international opportunities and progression.
- Flexible, empathetic working environment. At Little Giant, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Work within a social and fun company culture. We have carefully built a team of empathetic and caring individuals who genuinely enjoy spending time together inside and outside the office.
- Work with a world class team. We are extremely careful about who we hire - forsaking growth for the sake of quality - this means everyone you’ll be working with is extremely talented at what they do and is committed to delivering exceptional work.
- Work in a beautiful, creative and spacious office. Our offices are located in Auckland CBD. We have a large character space with natural light, playful furnishings and state of the art workstations.