Junior PHP Developer
At Little Giant we blend art and science to guide our clients into the future.
We are one of New Zealand's most influential and successful creative and innovation agencies, with strong year on year growth, industry leading clients, a multitude of awards and a growing reputation locally and globally.
At Little Giant you will get to work on innovative projects for some of the world's leading brands - in an environment that champions creativity and personal development. It's a career enriched with learning, achievement and opportunity.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Our Developers are problem solvers and tinkerers who love playing with new languages and frameworks to help our creatives bring their ideas to life. Motivated by work that is ground-breaking in its thinking and execution, you will build technology solutions that enable our world-class clients to succeed.
- Assist with the design of server-side development and front-end solutions for within applications.
- Lead the analysis of defects, including upgrades and maintenance of existing solutions.
- Help develop and deliver high-quality digital platforms based on the PHP umbrella of technologies.
- Clearly and effectively communicating to the wider project team.
- Learning and growing as a developer.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Some knowledge of PHP based frameworks and CMS solutions (SilverStripe, Laravel, Symfony).
- Some experience with source control tools such as Git, SVN, Mercurial
- Ideally some experience with dependency and package management
- Ideally some experience working with REST services and 3rd party APIs using AJAX / JSONp
- Get paid what you are worth. We offer rewarding annual salary packages typically above market rates.
- Gain international experience. As part of the Isobar Network we have 85 offices globally in some of the world's leading cities. Working for Little Giant means international opportunities and progression.
- Put yourself in a position for long term career progression. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At Little Giant, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Work within a social and fun company culture. We have carefully built a team of empathetic and caring individuals who genuinely enjoy spending time together inside and outside the office.
- Work with a world class team. We are extremely careful about who we hire - forsaking growth for the sake of quality - this means everyone you’ll be working with is extremely talented at what they do and is committed to delivering exceptional work.
- Work in a beautiful, creative & spacious office. Our offices are located in Auckland CBD. We have a large character space with natural light, playful furnishings & state of the art workstations.