Intermediate PHP Developer
At Little Giant we blend art and science to guide our clients into the future.
We are one of New Zealand's most influential and successful creative and innovation agencies, with strong year on year growth, industry leading clients, a multitude of awards and a growing reputation locally and globally.
At Little Giant you will get to work on innovative projects for some of the world's leading brands - in an environment that champions creativity and personal development. It's a career enriched with learning, achievement and opportunity.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Our Developers are problem solvers and tinkerers who love playing with new languages and frameworks. Motivated by work that is ground-breaking in its thinking and execution, you will build technology solutions that enable our world-class clients to succeed.
- Assist with the design of server-side development solutions for managing data and data flow within applications.
- Hand code web-based applications, web pages, and web-based mobile experiences
- Develop and deliver high-quality digital platforms based on the PHP umbrella of technologies.
- Integrate code with other technologies (REST / GraphQL Web Services, CMS / Commerce systems, 3rd party APIs, etc.)
- Clearly and effectively communicate application architecture and structures to the wider project team
- Assist with the development of workflows and processes
- Optimise application performance in collaboration with cross-functional teams of Strategists, Designers, Producers and Interaction Developers.
- Minimum 2 years commercial PHP development experience
- Excellent knowledge of PHP based frameworks and CMS solutions (SilverStripe, Laravel, Symfony).
- Experience with source control tools such as Git
- Experience with dependency and package management
- Experience working with REST services and 3rd party APIs using AJAX / JSONp
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Get paid what you are worth. We offer rewarding annual salary packages typically above market rates.
- Gain international experience. As part of the Isobar Network we have 85 offices globally in some of the world's leading cities. Working for Little Giant means international opportunities and progression.
- Put yourself in a position for long term career progression. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At Little Giant, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Work within a social and fun company culture. We have carefully built a team of empathetic and caring individuals who genuinely enjoy spending time together inside and outside the office.
- Work with a world class team. We are extremely careful about who we hire - forsaking growth for the sake of quality - this means everyone you’ll be working with is extremely talented at what they do and is committed to delivering exceptional work.
- Work in a beautiful, creative & spacious office. Our offices are located in Auckland CBD. We have a large character space with natural light, playful furnishings & state of the art workstations.