Senior Account Director
At Little Giant, we transform brands by creating world class experiences. We do this by combining strong strategic and creative thinking with expert data analysis and a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies.
Our customer-centric approach has made us New Zealand’s fastest-growing agency (45 people and counting) and Campaign’s 2017 NZ Digital Agency of the Year. Many of New Zealand's most prestigious clients entrust the Little Giant team with their business, including Les Mills, Fonterra, Air New Zealand, ASB and Spark, to name a few.
Make the move to an innovative company with an industry leading culture that truly values its people. It'll be a move enriched with learning, achievement, opportunity and a tonne of really good times.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Account Director who has ambitions to progress into a Head of Client Service or General Manager role in the coming years. Our Account Directors provide both strategic and tactical leadership for their clients. You will serve as the senior partner and confidant for clients, ensuring both the quality of relationship and work product. You will identify clients needs and work with both clients and various Little Giant teams to understand, define and build effective solutions that generate measurable results.
- Develop new business for the agency via new business pitches, RFP responses and incoming leads. Close new accounts with MSA and contract negotiations.
- Develop client engagement strategies and work with department heads, and project teams to execute plans. Identify needs that the client may not recognise and ensure that approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs.
- Manage portfolio profitability and performance; develop and negotiate statements of work, and ensure the work is delivered on budget.
- Maintain strong ongoing relationships with client sponsors and executives, introducing new opportunities accordingly. The end goal is growing/developing long-term DAOR (Digital agency of record) relationships.
- Mentor and support the Account Management positions within your pod. Provide direction, insight and advice to ensure Account Managers are managing projects and servicing clients, to a world class standard.
- Minimum 4 years experience in client service organisations, preferably on projects with an advertising, brand or technology focus.
- Extremely self confident with the ability to interact in a positive and engaging manner with clients across all levels of an organisation, from CEO to Administration.
- The ability to manage long term accounts across some of NZ's largest brands and organisations. You need to have a sharp mind, a strong work ethic and have a good attention to detail.
- The ability to manage account managers within your team, you must be able to form strong working relationships, inspire and guide team members within your pod in order to achieve the highest levels of client service.
- Strong understanding of brand strategy and creative processes, and be able to think strategically yourself while communicating these processes to a high standard to both clients and internally.
- Strong understanding of digital advertising and social media channels and the opportunities available through each.
- Willingness to learn and a thirst for knowledge, success and recognition. We’re a fast growing agency and we want a person who is going to not only help us grow, but grow with us.
- Get paid what you are worth. We offer rewarding annual salary packages typically above market rates. We want the best people and understand these people should be compensated appropriately for their performance.
- Put yourself in a position for long term career progression. The long term potential with Little Giant is exponential, we have huge plans, are one of NZ's fastest growing companies and are still in our infancy. We are looking for talented individuals to develop into leadership positions as the company expands here and internationally.
- Work within a social and fun company culture. We have carefully built a team of empathetic and caring individuals who genuinely enjoy spending time together inside and outside the office. The company invests heavily in staff entertainment and perks to facilitate this social culture.
- Work with a world class team. We are extremely careful about who we hire - forsaking growth for the sake of quality - this means no dead weight, everyone you’ll be working with is extremely talented at what they do and is committed to the company and the work we produce.
- Work in a beautiful, creative & spacious office. Our offices are located in Auckland CBD. We have a large character space with natural light, playful furnishings & state of the art workstations. We have worked hard to design a creative environment that contributes to our world class work.